Aval/Poha also known as flattened rice or beaten rice is an easy to cook and easily digestible food. It is often eaten for breakfast or as an evening snack. Aval can be made as a sweet or savoury. Aval pudding is a simple sweet breakfast or an evening snack which can be prepared in minutes. Here is the recipe for Aval pudding.
Aval pudding – Poha pudding
- Recipe Cuisine: South India
- Recipe Category: Breakfast/Snack (Sweet)
- Preparation Time: 5 mins
- Cooking time: 5 mins
- Serves: 3 to 4
|Poha (Aval/Avalakki)||2 cup|
|Jaggery||¾ cup grated (Adjust as per taste preference)|
|Coconut||3 tbsp grated|
|Dry fruits and nuts||3 tbsp chopped or sliced|
|Cardamom powder||1 tsp|
1. Take poha in a bowl and add enough water and rest it for 1 minute.
2. Gently rinse and discard the water and keep it aside.
3. Meanwhile boil the milk and add it to the poha. Then add grated jaggery.
4. Add in cardamom powder, grated coconut and dry fruits. Mix well and serve it warm.
Enjoy it warm 🙂
* Do not soak it in water for more than a minute.
*You can include dates and fresh fruits of your choice for a variation.