Carrot poriyal is a quick side dish made for lunch. It goes well with rasam rice or sambar rice or just curd rice. Here is the recipe for carrot poriyal.
Carrot Poriyal (Carrot stir fry/dry curry)
- Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Recipe Category: Rice accompaniment
- Preparation Time:10 mins
- Cooking time: 10 mins
- Serves: 2
|Mustard seeds||¼ tsp|
|Urad dal||½ tsp|
|Channa dal||½ tsp|
|Green chilli||3 slit|
|Curry leaves||1 sprig|
|Onion||1 medium chopped|
|Carrot||3 medium grated|
|Coconut||2 tbsp grated|
1. Heat oil in a pan and season with mustard seeds, urad dal and channa dal. Then add curry leaves, green chilli and onion and sauté it well.
2. Add in grated carrot and salt. Mix well and cook covered for 5 to 7 mins in medium flame.
3. Once it is get cooked switch off the flame and add grated coconut. Give it a mix and serve hot.
Serve with hot rasam rice or sambar rice 🙂
* Beetroot poriyal can also be done in the same way.