One Indian chat item/street food which I like most is Pav Bhaji. It’s a quick meal which we can have it as an evening snack and breakfast as well. There are some variations in this dish. This one is a simpler version.
- Recipe Cuisine: North Indian
- Recipe Category: Chat/Street food
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 20 mins
- Serves: 4
|Pav/Bread rolls/Bun bread||4|
|Butter||3 tbsp or As needed|
|Cumin seeds||1 tsp|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Green peas||½ cup|
|Lemon juice from||½ lemon|
|Garam masala powder||2 tbsp|
|Amchur powder(Dry mango powder)||1 tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and add cumin seeds. Once splutter add chopped onion and sauté it till translucent. Add ginger garlic paste and sauté it till raw smell goes and add tomatoes and give it a mix.
2. Once the tomatoes cooked well add roughly chopped potato and green peas. Add in the garam masala powder, amchur powder, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and salt. Give a stir and add enough water.
3. Mix well everything and cook covered for 4 whistles. Once the pressure releases add 1 tbsp butter , mint leaves, coriander leaves and lemon juice. Smash it well and keep it aside.
4. Take a bread roll and slice it half. In a tawa heat a tbsp of butter and roast the bread roll on all the sides. Serve with hot bhaji.
Enjoy it with chopped onion and lemon squeeze.
* You can also add some chopped capsicum along with the potatoes.
* You can add some butter along with oil while tempering.