Prawn coconut fry is a flavourful dish. Those who haven’t tried eating prawn yet, you can try this and you will like it for sure. Making this dish is very easy with simple ingredients at home. Adding coconut oil is the real magic. I personally love coconut oil flavour. And I prefer to use it in cooking wherever possible.
Prawn coconut fry (Iraal thengai varuval)
- Recipe Cuisine: South Indian
- Recipe Category: Sea food starter
- Preparation Time: 10 mins
- Cooking time: 15 mins
- Serves: 3
|Coconut pieces||2 tbsp|
|Coconut oil||2 tbsp|
|Curry leaves||2 sprig|
|Ginger garlic paste||2 tsp|
|Turmeric powder||½ tsp|
|Red chilli powder||1 tbsp|
|Coriander powder||1 ½ tbsp|
1. Marinate the cleaned prawns with turmeric, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and ginger garlic paste. Keep it aside for 15 to 30 mins.
2. Heat coconut oil in a pan, add slit green chillies, curry leaves and chopped coconut pieces. Fry the coconut for a while around 5 mins
3. Add the marinated prawns and sauté it well for 7 to 10 mins in medium flame. Let the raw smell of the masala goes and the prawns get cooked well.
Switch off the flame and serve hot with lemon wedges.
- Clean the prawn with lemon juice and turmeric before marinating.
- Do not replace coconut oil with any other oil for this dish.
- Do not overcook the prawns, it will become rubbery.